Drink Driving Ban and Your Licence Revoked?

Have you had your driving license revoked as a result of drink driving? Are you wondering what to do with your car? We can help!

Don't drink and drive

Every year in the UK around 250,000 motorists receive a driving ban for one reason or another. A motorist could have their license revoked for a period of time anywhere from a couple of months up to several years, or longer. Receiving a driving ban and having your license revoked means that you are no longer able to drive your vehicle legally.

However, if you still own the vehicle you will either need to obtain a SORN and store your car off the road, or continue to MOT your car and pay road tax and insurance each year for a car you can’t drive.

Alternatively, you could sell your car to us and save yourself the hassle of filling out paperwork and paying for an unusable car!

Reasons for a driving ban:

    • Instant driving ban: An instant ban is issued to motorists in some instances of speeding, for example when the speed limit is exceeded by 20 to 30 miles per hour. Other driving offences such as careless driving, failing to stop after an accident, driving when disqualified, and driving without insurance can all result in an instant ban.


    • Totting up procedure: When a driver has amassed 12 penalty points in a three year period they will receive an automatic driving ban for six months.


    • New Drivers Act: If a new driver amasses 6 penalty points within the first two years of holding their license they will have their license revoked.


  • Driving under the influence:If a driver is found to be in charge of a vehicle whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol they will receive a ban, accompanied by a fine and a prison sentence in cases where death or damage have occurred.

Life after a driving ban

If you have had your driving license revoked for any reason, one of the best options available to you is to sell your vehicle. At Sell Your Problem Car ® we will buy any vehicle that is less than 10 years old, or registered after 2004, regardless of its condition. Even if your vehicle has been written off after a drink driving accident, we will still buy it from you! Losing your license is never easy, but you can make some extra cash and begin to move on from the ordeal with our help.

Sell your car for cash in 4 easy steps

It really couldn’t be simpler to sell your unwanted car to us:

  1. Enter your registration number at the top of the page
  2. Receive a free no obligation quote for your car
  3. We’ll transfer the money straight into your account – usually within the hour!
  4. We’ll arrange to pick your car up from one of our 20 UK collection points.

It really is that simple! So what are you waiting for? Get in touch with us today to sell your problem car!